Warm Vanilla Cider
Sunday , 19, January 2014
Whipped Cream and Walnuts…this is like dessert in a glass 🙂
Can be made with or without Bourbon 😉
6 cups fresh Apple Cider
- 2 tbsp. packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 whole Nutmeg Seeds
- 1 Vanilla Bean …split and scraped
- 6 oz. Bourbon
- Whipped Cream
- Honeyed Walnuts
- In a medium saucepan..combine Apple Cider..Brown Sugar..Nutmeg Seeds and Vanilla Bean.
- Gently simmer over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.. add Bourbon
- Remove Vanilla Bean and Nutmeg Seeds…discard
- Divide warm Cider equally between 6 mugs or heatproof glasses.
- Top each glass with Whipped Cream and a few honeyed Walnuts.
Recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart