Warm Quinoa, Spinach, and Shiitake Salad
Sunday , 17, November 2013
Looking for a delicious warm Quinoa Salad?
1 1/2 cups Quinoa
- 1 lb. Baby Spinach
- 8 oz. Feta Cheese… crumbled
- 2 lb. fresh Shiitake Mushrooms, stems removed, caps halved
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- Coarse Salt and Black Pepper
- Preheat Broiler
- In a small bowl, whisk together Vinegar, Oil, 1 tsp. Salt & 1/4 tsp. Pepper….set aside
- Toss Mushrooms with half the dressing ..reserve the rest of the dressing
- Broil.. tossing occasionally.. until most of the liquid has evaporated and Mushrooms are tender..20 to 25 minutes.
- Cook Quinoa..3 cups Water or Broth..1 1/2 tsp. Salt.
- Bring to a boil.. reduce heat.. Cover..Simmer until liquid has been absorbed.. 15 to 20 minutes.
- Put Spinach in a large bowl.. add Hot Mushrooms, Quinoa, and remaining Dressing.
- Toss to combine ..Spinach will wilt slightly….yum 🙂
- Top with crumbled Feta… Serve Immediately.
This amazing recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart.