Triple-Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
Wednesday , 20, November 2013
Cakes / Pies
What would Thanksgiving be without Pumpkin Pie?!
This one is amazing 🙂
- 2 cups finely ground Graham Cracker Crumbs (about 16 crackers)
- 6 tbsp. unsalted Butter.. melted
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tbsp. packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. coarse Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 3 oz. Bittersweet Chocolate (preferably 61 percent cacao).. finely chopped
- 6 oz. Semisweet Chocolate (preferably 55 percent cacao)… chopped
- 4 tbsp. unsalted Butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid pack Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. coarse Salt
- 3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground Nutmeg
- Ground cloves
- 1 oz. Milk Chocolate… melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine Graham Cracker Crumbs, Butter, Sugars, Salt and Cinnamon in bowl.
- Firmly press mixture into bottom and up sides of a deep 9 1/2-inch pie dish. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven..sprinkle Bittersweet Chocolate over bottom of crust. Return to oven to melt chocolate about 1 minute.
- Spread chocolate in a thin layer on bottom and up sides. Let cool on a wire rack.
- REDUCE oven temperature to 325degrees.
- In a large heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt Semisweet Chocolate and Butter..stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Mix Pumpkin, Milk, Brown Sugar, Eggs, Cornstarch, Vanilla, Salt, Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg and a pinch of Cloves in a medium bowl.
- Whisk 1/3 Pumpkin mixture into Chocolate mixture. Whisk in remaining Pumpkin mixture until completely blended.
- Pour Pumpkin Mixture into Crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees until center is set but still a bit wobbly.. 55 to 60 minutes.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.. at least 8 hours..preferably overnight.
- Before Serving, drizzle melted Milk Chocolate on top. Serve immediately. 🙂
Recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart Living