Triple Chocolate Muffins
Saturday , 16, November 2013
What’s better than a Chocolate Muffin with your morning coffee?!
These Muffins from Cooking Light are amazing. 😉
- 1 1/2 oz. 60% Bittersweet Chocolate… finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. unsalted Butter… diced
- 9 oz. (2 cups) Flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Baking Soda
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup 2% reduced-fat Milk
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 large Eggs…lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 tbsp. Powdered Sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Combine Butter and Bittersweet Chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds.
- Stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Double Boiler can also be used 😉
- Combine Flour and next 4 ingredients (including baking soda) in a large bowl… stir well with a whisk.
- Combine Sugar, Milk, Vanilla, and Eggs in a separate bowl; stir with a whisk until well combined.
- Add Butter mixture and Milk mixture to Flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Gently stir in Chocolate Chips
- Divide batter evenly among 12 lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 425° for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging.
- Cool…. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.. if desired.