Tex-Mex Chile-Lime Chicken Soup
Thursday , 2, January 2014
Soups / Stews
This Spicy Chicken Soup will warm you right up!
A quick & easy dinner idea 🙂
- Heat Oil over medium-high heat in an 8-quart pot
- Add Onion.. Jalapeño.. Garlic, and 1/2 tbsp. Salt.
- Cook.. stirring occasionally.. until vegetables are soft and lightly browned ..about 4 to 6 minutes
- Add Chili Powder and Cumin.. cook..stirring until they become fragrant.. about 30 seconds.
- Add Broth.. bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.. cook, stirring, until vegetables are completely tender.. 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in shredded Chicken.. Hominy.. Corn.. Tomatoes. Simmer.. stirring occasionally.. until all are tender..about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in Cilantro and 1 tbsp. of Lime Juice
- Taste.. add more lime juice.. 1 tbsp. at a time.. to taste.
- Season with Salt and Pepper to taste..garnish each bowl with a small handful of crisped tortilla strips
Delicious recipe courtesy of Fine Cooking