Wednesday , 12, November 2014
Since I was a kid..any Holiday meant Stuffed Artichokes on the table 🙂
They can be a bit time consuming to make…but so worth it!!
I always make a few extra..which never make it to the table…to enjoy the next day!!
I’ve tweaked my Mom’s recipe over the years…and I like to bake them rather than cook via stovetop.
Double or Triple this recipe to suit your needs 😉
- 4 large Artichokes
- 1 cup Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 to 3 tbsp. Parsley…chopped
- juice and zest of 1 large Lemon
- 2 cloves of Garlic…minced or Garlic Powder to taste
- 4 – 5 cloves of Garlic…smashed or finely minced
- 1- 2 cups White Wine
- 1 cup Water or Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Large Baking Pan
- Cut off stem from the bottom of each Artichoke along with about 1 inch of the top. Cut off tips of the leaves if you prefer no prickles.
- Rinse then soak the Artichokes in lukewarm water for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
- Combine Bread Crumbs, Cheese, Garlic, Lemon Zest, Salt & Pepper in a large bowl…mix well.
- Remove Artichokes from water…shake out excess water…gently spread leaves to make room for stuffing 😉
- Using a small spoon…fill each leaf with breadcrumb mixture. Place stuffed Artichoke in baking pan.
- In a small saucepan…add Garlic & Olive Oil. Cook over medium heat until fragrant..a minute or so.
- Add in Wine, Water/Broth, Lemon juice. Simmer until just heated.
- Drizzle or ladle over top of Artichokes. Any additional..pour into bottom of pan.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and cook about 1 to 1/2 hours. Leaves should be tender and pull our easily.
- Serve with pan drippings and ENJOY!!!
- Artichokes can be stored in an covered container…in the refrigerator for a day or 2.
Leftovers can easily be reheated in your microwave or oven…if you have any 😀