Spring Vegetable Gratin
Monday , 21, October 2013
- 1-2 pounds Brussels Sprouts (trimmed, outer leaves removed, cut in half or quarters)
- 1 – pounds Tomatoes (washed and quartered)
- 2- Zucchini (washed and sliced thick)
- 2 – 3 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.5 cups Gruyere Cheese (or more to your taste)
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs (or more to your taste)
- 1 TB butter (softened a bit & mixed into the bread crumbs)
- 1-2 TB Chopped Fresh Tarragon
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Peel and chop your veggies. (If you like veggies crisp but if you like them soft, sauté them in a pan for a few minutes before putting them in the oven.)
- Toss the veggies in 2 tbsp Olive Oil to lightly coat.
- Put veggies in single layer on a baking pan.
- Mix the cheese, bread crumbs, butter, tarragon, lemon zest and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the cheese and bread crumb mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, until the vegetables are just tender and the topping is melted and golden brown – approx. 15 – 20 min, depending on the thickness of your vegetables.
- Serve hot and melted…yum…yum…
Thanks to The Hungry Goddess for this awesome recipe 🙂