Spinach Tortellini Soup
Saturday , 19, October 2013
Soups / Stews
This hearty delicious soup is perfect when you need a meal in a hurry.
Serve with a warm crusty loaf of bread…and you have a yummy satisfying meal 🙂
2 medium Carrots sliced
- 1 rib of Celery chopped
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 2 quarts Chicken Broth
- 1 10oz frozen chopped Spinach.. thawed
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 clove Garlic minced or 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken ( if you have any on hand)
- 2 9oz pkgs Cheese Tortellini
- In a Stock Pot combine Carrots, Celery, Onion, Garlic & Broth
- Bring to a boil reduce heat, cover Simmer 10-15 mins
- Stir in Parsley, Oregano, Salt , Pepper, Spinach and Chicken.
- Return to boil.
- Add Tortellini and cook uncovered for 7-10 minutes or until Tortellini is tender.
- Sprinkle each bowl with Parmesan Cheese & Enjoy 🙂
This recipe was adapted from Taste of Home.