Spicy Sweet Chicken Wings
Saturday , 30, November 2013
A little Citrus..a little Heat…yum…
2 tsp. Safflower Oil
- 3 Garlic cloves…minced
- 1/2 cup fresh Orange Juice (from about 2 oranges)
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 2 tsp. Hoisin Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Sliced Scallions… for garnish
- 2/3 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp. finely grated Orange Zest
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Sriracha hot-chile sauce…or other hot sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 4 1/2 lbs. Chicken Wing / Drumsticks patted dry with paper towels (35 to 45 wings)
To Make Wings:
- Whisk Hoisin, Orange Zest, Hot Sauce, Honey, and Sesame Oil in a large bowl. Refrigerate 1/2 cup marinade.
- Add Wings to remaining marinade…toss to coat.
- Cover… refrigerate.. tossing wings occasionally for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Let Wings stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet… bake for 20 minutes, rotating sheet and brushing with half of reserved marinade halfway through.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees. Bake Wings, brushing with remaining marinade, until golden brown, about 20 mins.
To Make the Dipping Sauce:
- Heat Safflower oil and Garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add Orange Juice, Honey, Hoisin, and Salt..cook for 2 minutes. Let cool.
Recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart