Spicy Slow Cooker Beef Chili
Thursday , 7, November 2013
Chili always tastes better the next day 🙂
Cook in your Crock Pot overnight for a richer flavor!
- 3 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 2 medium yellow Onions.. diced
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper… diced
- 6 medium Garlic cloves.. finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp ground Cumin
- 2 Lbs. lean Ground Beef
- 1 1/2 tsps. kosher Salt… more as needed
- 1 (28-ounce) can Diced Tomatoes with liquid
- 1 (14-ounce) can Tomato Sauce
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed..or your Bean of choice 😉
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pickled Jalapeños or Green Chiles.. drained
- Heat Oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add Onions and Red Bell Pepper.. season with Salt, and cook.. stirring occasionally.. until softened about 8 minutes.
- Add Garlic, Chili Powder and Cumin.. stir to coat the Vegetables..cook about 1-2 minutes
- Add Ground Beef …salt and cook until the Beef is no longer pink… about 7 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the Slow Cooker
- Add the diced Tomatoes and their juices, Tomato Sauce and Beans.. stir to combine.
- Cover and cook 8 hours on LOW or 6 hours on HIGH.
- Stir in the Jalapeños or Green Chiles.
- Serve with Rice…Sour Cream…shredded Cheddar Cheese 😉
Recipe courtesy of Chow.com