This healthy creamy breakfast quinoa is infused with aromatic cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. 🙂
- 1/2 cup quinoa…rinsed and drained
- 1 cup low-fat Milk
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp. ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground Ginger
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 large Egg White
- 2 tbsp. Currants or Raisins
- Heat medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add Quinoa… cook.. stirring constantly.. until the grains are separated ..about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in Milk.. Water.. Cinnamon.. Nutmeg.. Ginger..Salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered.. stirring occasionally.. until Quinoa is tender.. 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat.. stir in Honey and Vanilla.
- Whisk Egg White in small bowl with 1 tbsp. of the hot cereal. Repeat with 5 more tbsp. until Egg White is completely blended.
- Stir in Currants/Raisins. Return Cereal to saucepan.. cook.. stirring.. over medium-low heat until thickened slightly.. 1 to 2 minutes.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day..serve cold or reheat over low heat or in the microwave.. thin with water or milk.
Recipe courtesy of Eating Well