Spiced Apple Cider
Thursday , 2, January 2014
Brrrr…nothing like a foot of snow to chill you to the bone 🙁
This Apple Cider will warm you right up! Delicious with or without Brandy 😉
1 Gal Apple Cider
- 1 tbsp. whole Allspice
- 1 tsp. freshly grated Nutmeg
- 4 whole Cloves
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Vanilla Bean…opened lengthwise.
- Apple Brandy or Bourbon to taste…optional
- Add Cider.. Allspice.. Nutmeg.. Cloves…Cinnamon sticks to a large pot.
- Scrape out seeds from Vanilla Bean…add them to pot along with the bean pod.
- Bring Spiced Cider just to a simmer over medium heat…reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Cook just below a simmer for about 1 hour.
- Strain Cider through a sieve into another pot or heatproof punch bowl to remove solid ingredients.
- If using Brandy or Bourbon…add it at this point…
- Ladle Hot Spiced Cider into cups….aaahhh…delicious 😉
Recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit