Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Sunday , 15, December 2013
Get out your Crock Pot!! 🙂
This Pulled Pork is amazing as a Sandwich or a Taco..add the homemade Slaw and you have a delicious meal!
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 cup (plus 2 tbsp.) Cider Vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 (1.5-lb) Pork butt or shoulder.. trimmed… cut into 3-in. pieces
- 1/2 cup lowfat Sour Cream
- 1/2 small green Cabbage…shredded or 1 bag Slaw Mix
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- squeeze of Fresh Lime
- Whisk together Ketchup.. Sugar.. Chili Powder.. 1/4 cup Vinegar and 1/2 tsp. each Salt / Pepper.
- Place Pork into Crock Pot. Pour Mixture over Pork…turn Pork to cover completely with sauce.
- Cook, covered, until the pork is tender and shreds easily, 7 to 8 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high.
- In a large bowl.. whisk together Sour Cream.. remaining 2 tbsp. Vinegar..Lime.. 1 tbsp. Water and 1/2 tsp. each Salt / Pepper.
- Add Cabbage or Slaw mix to bowl and toss to coat .
- Let Slaw sit about 30 mins…stirring occasionally. Add Cilantro just before serving.
- When Pork is done..remove from Crock Pot.
- Shred Pork using 2 forks …add Pork back into liquid in Crock Pot.
- Serve on Buns or in Taco shells with Slaw. 🙂
Recipe courtesy of Woman’s Day