Slow Cooker Hot Buttered Rum
Tuesday , 26, November 2013
Nothing like a warm drink on a cold night 🙂
Get your Crock Pot going and give this a try…
- 2 cups firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 6 whole Cloves
- 3 Cardamom Pods
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground Nutmeg
- 2 cups Dark Rum or Spiced Rum
- Heavy Cream.. Whipped
- ground Nutmeg.. for topping
- Cinnamon Stick
- Put first 7 ingredients into Crock Pot.
- Add 2 quarts Hot Water.
- Stir well.
- Cover pot and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- Add Rum and stir to blend.
- Serve from pot in Warm Mugs with a scoop of Whipped Cream and a dusting of Nutmeg and Cinnamon stick as stirrer.
Recipe courtesy of Food.com