It’s that time…St. Patrick’s Day!! That means Corned Beef and Cabbage…YUM!!
My Grandmother gave me this family recipe 35 years ago….I’ve tweaked it for the Crock Pot 🙂
- In bottom of slow cooker…lay Celery and quartered Onions.
- In the squares of cheesecloth…add equal amounts of each…Garlic cloves…Peppercorns…Cloves…Bay Leaves
- Tie each square into a “packet” with string or twine.
- Place a “packet” at each end of the Slow Cooker.
- Rinse Corned Beef with cold water and place on top of Celery..Onions and packets of seasoning.
- Pour Beef Broth into Slow Cooker.
- Add as many bottles of Beer necessary to over Corned Beef…5 is usually enough.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours.
- When done…remove Corned Beef from Slow Cooker and wrap in foil to rest before slicing.
- Cook Cabbage & Potatoes in a separate pot…using some of Slow Cooker liquid and the rest Water.
- Be sure to slice Corned Beef against the grain…Serve & Enjoy!!! 🙂
If you don’t have a Crock Pot..you can make this recipe in a 12 qt. Stock Pot. Use the same ingredients…bring to a boil…then simmer half covered for 3-4 hours.