Slow Cooker Classic Beef Stew
Tuesday , 19, November 2013
Get out your Crock Pot and cook up this savory dish!! 🙂
Serve over Rice or Egg Noodles for a perfect dinner on a chilly night!
- 4 pounds Bottom Round.. well trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil (plus more if needed)
- 2 large Onions…diced…about 2 cups
- 1 6oz. can Tomato Paste
- 1 cup dry Red Wine
- 1 pound Potatoes.. cut into 2-inch pieces..about 4 cups
- 1/2 pound Baby Carrots..about 2 cups
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 tbsp. Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. dried Thyme leaves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 cup frozen Peas… thawed
- Rice or Egg Noodles
- Coat Beef in Flour..Salt & Pepper
- Heat a few tablespoons of the Oil in a large skillet.
- Brown the Meat..a few pieces at a time.. adding more Oil as necessary.
- Transfer to Slow Cooker.
- Add Onions to the skillet.. cook until tender.. about 10 minutes.
- Stir in Tomato Paste..coating the onions.. transfer to the Slow Cooker.
- Pour Wine into skillet and scrape up any browned bits… add to the cooker…yum 😉
- Stir in Potatoes, Carrots, Broth, Salt, Thyme and Bay Leaf.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 1/2 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. Add the peas and heat through.
Recipe courtesy of Real Simple