Tuesday , 3, December 2013
This scrumptious nonalcoholic Punch adds Pears.. Cranberries and Vanilla to traditional hot Cider.
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 2-inch piece fresh Ginger… peeled and sliced
- 3 Pears..cut into bite-size pieces… divided
- 2 quarts Apple Cider
- 1 Lemon.. halved and sliced
- 1 tbsp. ground Allspice
- 1 cup fresh Cranberries
- 2 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- For kicked up version…add 1/2 cup Rum
- Combine Water, Sugar, Ginger and 1 Pear in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.. stirring occasionally. Strain out solids and return the mixture to the pan.
- Add remaining Pears.. Cider.. Lemon and Allspice.. heat over medium heat.. stirring often.. for 15 minutes.
- Add Cranberries and Vanilla … reduce the heat to medium-low (the liquid should be simmering, not boiling).
- Let simmer for 10 minutes more. ( Add Rum at this point )
- Serve in heat-safe Mugs with a spoon of fruit in each.
Recipe Courtesy of Eating Well