Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars
Wednesday , 29, January 2014
You can make these Magic Bars in a flash and they are awesome!!
I’ve been making them for years and there’s never a crumb left 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 stick Butter…cut into pieces
- 1 -14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Butterscotch or Peanut Butter Chips…I prefer Peanut Butter Chips 🙂
- 1 cup semi-sweet Mini Chocolate Chips…mini chips melt better in this recipe 😉
- 1 1/3- 1 1/2 cups sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 cup Nuts…Walnuts or Pecans work well…chopped
- Heat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Line a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with non stick Foil… extending foil over edge of pan.
- Place Butter in foil lined pan…place baking dish in oven to just long enough melt Butter
- Sprinkle Graham Cracker crumbs over melted Butter in baking dish…mix gently…careful not to tear foil.
- **** you can also melt Butter and combine Crumbs in a bowl if you prefer ****
- Press crumbs firmly to form a “crust” along the bottom of baking dish.
- Pour Condensed Milk evenly over Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Sprinkle Chocolate Chips & Flavored Chips in an even layer over Condensed Milk.
- Sprinkle Nuts evenly over Chips
- Sprinkle Coconut Flakes evenly …
- Press down slightly on the Coconut layer to compact all ingredients into the Condensed Milk
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes..until lightly golden Brown.
- Cool on wire rack…15 – 20 mins.
- Lift Bars up by edges of foil to remove from pan and cut into individual bars.
- Store at room temperature in a covered container.
Recipe adapted from Eagle Brand