Sausage, Fennel, and Ricotta Pizza
Friday , 22, November 2013
This savory Pizza is perfect with a glass of your favorite Wine 😉
A great bite to share with visiting friends & family!
- Place a Pizza Stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° with stone/pan in the oven.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet… Remove casing from Sausage and add to pan.. cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add Fennel to Sausage… cook 4 minutes or until tender…add Red Pepper Flakes
- Roll Pizza Dough into a 16-inch oval on a lightly floured surface.
- Carefully remove pizza stone / baking pan from oven.
- Place Dough on pizza stone. Brush dough evenly with Olive Oil.
- Sprinkle Sausage mixture evenly over Dough… leaving a 1-inch border.
- Combine Ricotta, Garlic, Salt & Pepper in a small bowl…
- Top Pizza with teaspoonfuls of Ricotta Mixture
- Add Red Onion to Pizza
- Bake at 500° for 11 minutes or until golden.
Yummy recipe courtesy of Cooking Light.