Real Fruit Ice Pops
Thursday , 10, July 2014
No matter what age you are…
nothing like an Ice Pop on a hot Summer’s Day 🙂
These are a little work..but you’ll be happy you took the time. Why spend money on frozen fruit when you can make them yourself?!
“The View from Great Island” has some amazing yummy recipes..you should check them out 🙂
I made these in ice pop molds you can get just about anywhere.
I followed the recipe exactly the first time I made them. You can change up the recipe and use your favorite fruits that you think will freeze well.
- 2 Kiwi…peeled and quartered
- 1 cup Strawberries…halved
- 1 cup Mango…chopped
- 1 cup Watermelon…chopped
- 1 cup Pineapple…chopped
- 1 cup Blueberries
The fruit should be chopped just enough it will fit into your food processor…don’t go crazy.
Puree one kind of fruit at a time and rinse the bowl of your processor after each fruit.
- When all fruits are pureed…spoon in a layer of fruit into your ice pop mold.
- Gently tap the mold on the counter to even out the fruit.
- Place in freezer so fruit hardens. Continue with each fruit until you’ve used all the fruit.
- If your ice pop molds came with those cool handles in a cover…put them into the molds and put them back in the freezer.
- If not…you ‘ll have to use pop sticks…gently slide a stick into the mold after the 2nd layer of fruit and continue to layer fruit around the stick and freeze.
- If you want a less time consuming Pop..you can use fruit juices instead of puree. Freeze each layer of juice before adding the next one and follow the same directions for inserting the stick 🙂
For more amazing recipes…follow the link below to The View from Great Island…..