Quinoa Salad with Roasted Autumn Vegies
Friday , 4, October 2013
This healthy and filling Quinoa salad is full of delicious Roasted Autumn Veggies.
Tossed together in a tangy Asian dressing this salad is delicious!
Serve warm or cold….perfect for lunch the next day 🙂
- 1 bunch Scallions… thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp. Sherry Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Ginger… peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh Cilantro (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Place Sweet Potato.. Brussels Sprouts.. Carrot.. Parsnip.. Turnip.. Oil.. Salt and Pepper in a large bowl… toss to combine.
- Transfer Vegetables to a baking sheet.. arrange in a single layer….put bowl to the side for Dressing.
- Roast Vegetables.. stirring every 5 minutes.. until tender and cooked through.. about 18 – 20 minutes.
- Cook Quinoa according to package directions…
- While Quinoa is cooking… make Dressing…Place all ingredients except Cilantro in bowl from veggies.. whisk to blend.. set aside.
- Add Quinoa to the bowl with Dressing… add roasted Vegetables.. toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with Cilantro (if using).. serve immediately or at room temperature.
Recipe Courtesy of Chow