Saturday , 23, November 2013
These yummy Pinwheels can be made ahead and frozen for up to a month 🙂
- One 14oz. package Butter Puff Pastry..thawed but still cold
- 3 oz. thinly sliced Prosciutto
- 3/4 cup shredded Fontina Cheese
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 Egg beaten with 1 1/2 teaspoons of water to make an egg wash
- On a Floured surface, roll out the Puff Pastry to a 10 1/2-by-15-inch rectangle; halve lengthwise.
- Top the halves with Prosciutto and Fontina.. leaving a 1/2-inch border along the far edge of each piece. Season with pepper.
- Starting at the near edge.. tightly roll the halves of pastry into logs.
- Brush the borders with the Egg wash and pinch to seal.
- Transfer the logs to a large baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes until firm.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Working with 1 log at a time.. trim the uneven ends.
- Cut the log crosswise 1/4 inch thick. Set the pinwheels 2 inches apart on the baking sheets. Freeze until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Bake the pinwheels for 20 minutes until golden.
- Serve & Enjoy!! 🙂
** Frozen sliced pinwheels can be frozen for up to 1 month in a resealable plastic bag**