Potato and Caramelized Onion Flatbread
Monday , 8, December 2014
Flatbreads are perfect appetizers or if you are just looking for a small bite.
Holidays are around the corner and you’ll have friends and family stopping by…Flatbreads are quick & easy to make.
This Potato and Caramelized Onion Flatbread is easy to make and can be a great “base” for any other ingredients you want to add.
I love anything that has potato in the recipe 😀
- 6-8 Flatbreads
- 5 small Potatoes…skin on…sliced very thin
- 1 medium Red Onion….sliced thin
- 2 cloves Garlic…sliced thinly or finely minced
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil to saute onions
- 10 or so Chives….roughly chopped
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil to brush on Flatbreads
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce…optional
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt…optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Saute Red Onion and Garlic in Olive Oil over medium heat. When Onions begin to soften and caramelize…remove pan from heat.
- Place Flatbread on parchment lined baking sheet. Brush lightly with Olive Oil.
- Add Onions to each Flatbread.
- Arrange Potato slices on top of scattered Onions….slightly overlapping the slices of Potatoes.
- Brush Potatoes lightly with Olive Oil and season with Salt & Pepper.
- Bake 10-15 mins until Potatoes are tender.
- Drizzle with Yogurt & BBQ sauce for added flavor or you can serve them as is.
- Cut into slices…or halves and Enjoy!!!
You can also add…Bacon (YUM!!!) Asparagus, Olives, Butternut Squash…the possibilities are endless!! 😀
Recipe adapted from Potatoes Goodness Unearthed