Nothing better than a warm bowl of Soup…some Crusty Bread..on a cold night. 🙂
This is a family favorite…so delicious!!
- 3 slices Pancetta.. chopped
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 sprigs Rosemary.. left intact
- 1 sprig Thyme with several sprigs on it.. left intact
- 1 large fresh Bay Leaf or 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 medium Onion.. finely chopped
- 1 small Carrot.. finely chopped
- 1 rib Celery.. finely chopped
- 4 large cloves Garlic… chopped
- Coarse Salt and Pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Cannellini Beans
- 1 cup canned Tomato Sauce or canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 cups Water
- 1 quart Chicken or Veg Stock
- 1 1/2 cups Ditalini ( half a box )
- Grated Parmigiano or Romano…for sprinkling on top 😉
- Crusty Bread…for mopping…yum!
- Heat a deep pot over medium high heat and add Oil and Pancetta.
- Brown the Pancetta bits lightly, and add Herb stems, Bay Leaf, chopped Vegetables and Garlic.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Add Beans, Tomato sauce, Water, and Stock to pot and raise heat to high.
- Bring soup to a rapid boil and add Pasta.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook soup.. stirring occasionally..until pasta is cooked Al Dente
- Rosemary and Thyme leaves will separate from stems as soup cooks. Remove herb stems and Bay Leaf from soup.
- Let soup rest and begin to cool for a few minutes….
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with lots of grated Cheese.
- Pass Crusty Bread for bowl mopping….yummy!!! 😉
Recipe courtesy of Rachel Ray