Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Friday , 22, November 2013
These pan roasted Brussels Sprouts are amazingly delicious!!
Caramelized Onions and Crispy Pancetta make this a family favorite!! 🙂
3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 6 oz. Pancetta…diced
- 3 large yellow Onions, thinly sliced ..about 4 cups
- 1 ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 lbs. Brussels Sprouts.. stems trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tbsp. Olive Oil over medium heat. When hot.. add Pancetta.. cook until crisp.. 5 to 6 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon.. transfer the Pancetta to a baking sheet lined with paper towels and set aside.
- Add Onions, ½ tsp. Salt, ¼ tsp. Black Pepper to the pan.. cook.. stirring until the onions are caramelized.. about 30 minutes.
- In a large 14-inch sauté pan, heat remaining 2 tbsp. Olive Oil over medium high heat..when hot, add Brussels Sprouts and remaining Salt and Pepper.
- Cook until the Sprouts are golden brown on one side.. 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook until tender..about 15 minutes.
- Add Onions and Pancetta to the Brussels Sprouts.. toss well.. return to the oven for 5 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.
This fabulous recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse and Good Morning America