Orange Curry Pecan Crusted Chicken
Tuesday , 14, January 2014
Need a new Chicken recipe? Give this a try…scrumptious!!!
Orange Juice…dried Cranberries and Ginger at a zing to this yummy crust 🙂
1 tsp. Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp. Orange Zest
- Juice and Pulp of 1 Orange
- 1/3 cup Plain Yogurt
- 6 boneless..skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 1/2 cups Stoned Wheat Thins..or your cracker of choice…crushed
- 1/3 cup dried Cranberries…finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Ginger..finely minced
- 4 oz. Pecans..finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. Unsalted Butter…melted
- Kosher Salt
- In a small dry sauté pan, warm Curry powder over medium heat about 1 minute.
- Turn off heat.. add Butter to heated pan and stir until Butter is melted.
- In a heatproof bowl..mix Curry butter, Orange Zest, Orange Juice, Yogurt.
- Rinse Chicken Breasts, pat dry… add them into the marinade… turning to coat.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours.
- In large shallow dish.. combine Crackers, Salt, Cranberries, Ginger, and Pecans.
- Drizzle melted butter over the mixture and toss to combine.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees and butter a baking sheet.
- Take a breast from the marinade… don’t wipe off the marinade..
- Lay the chicken in the crumbs. Scoop and pat crumbs over Chicken Breast..until both sides are completely coated.
- Place crusted Chicken Breasts in Buttered dish.
- Roast Chicken until crisp.. browned… cooked through..about 25 to 30 minutes.
- If Chicken is getting too brown after 15 mins… reduce heat to 400° and add 5 minutes to cooking time.
Fabulous recipe courtesy of Fine Cooking