Orange Cinnamon Rice Pudding
Monday , 10, February 2014
Rice Pudding is a wonderful comforting winter dessert 🙂
- 1 strip Orange Peel…. plus 1/2 tsp. grated zest
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 4 cups Whole Milk
- 2 cups Water
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 to 1 cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 3 tbsp. Confectioners’ Sugar
- Ground cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Combine Orange Peel, 2 cups Water, Butter and a pinch of Salt in a saucepan.. bring to a boil.
- Add Rice and return to a boil..reduce heat to low and cook, shaking pan occasionally, until liquid is absorbed.. about 15 mins.
- Bring Milk, Sugar, Cinnamon sticks and Vanilla to a low boil in another saucepan.
- Stir in Orange Zest and 1/4 cup Mascarpone.
- Transfer Rice Pudding to a large bowl and let cool.. then cover with plastic wrap..refrigerate until cold and set.. about 2 hrs.
- Beat remaining 1/4 cup Mascarpone and Confectioners’ Sugar in a bowl until smooth & fluffy
- Remove Cinnamon sticks and Orange peel from Pudding.
- Serve topped with Whipped Mascarpone and Cinnamon.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network