Mashed Potatoes with Crispy Shallots
Monday , 25, November 2013
Crispy Shallots add yummy texture to these awesome Garlic Mashed Potatoes 🙂
- In a large pot cover quartered Potatoes and Garlic cloves with Cold Water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over moderate heat until the Potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, heat Canola Oil until shimmering. Add Shallots in a single layer and cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until they are golden.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer Shallots to paper towels to drain.
- Drain Potatoes and Garlic in a colander.
- Add Half-and-Half and Butter to the pot and heat until melted. Remove from heat.
- Press the potatoes and garlic through a ricer into the pot and season with salt. Stir and cook over moderate heat until very hot.
- Just before serving… sprinkle the Shallots with Salt and garnish the Potatoes with the Shallots.
Recipe courtesy of Food and Wine