Enjoy these Flakey..Maple Glazed Twists warm from the oven with a delicious cup of coffee 🙂
2 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 3 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup firm Butter
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup chopped Nuts
- 2 tbsp. Butter..softened
- 2 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 – 2 tbsp. Milk
- 1/2 tsp. Maple Extract or Syrup
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees….Grease cookie sheet
- Grease cookie sheet.
- In large bowl.. stir Flour.. Sugar.. Baking Powder..Cream of Tartar and Salt with fork.
- Cut in 1/2 cup butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Add 3/4 cup Milk…stir with fork just until moistened.
- Knead dough 10 to 12 times or until almost smooth…on a lightly Floured surface.
- Roll dough into 15×9-inch rectangle.
- In small bowl.. stir all filling ingredients until well mixed… Spread filling over dough.
- Fold dough lengthwise in half to make 15×4 1/2-inch rectangle. Cut rectangle crosswise into fifteen 1-inch-wide strips.
- Holding a strip at each end, twist in opposite directions twice.
- Place twisted strips 1 inch apart on cookie sheet, pressing both ends down.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet 1 to 2 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir together all glaze ingredients, adding more milk,1 teaspoon at a time until thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle glaze over warm biscuits. Serve warm or cooled.
Yummy recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker