Lemon-Blueberry Yogurt Loaf
Saturday , 26, October 2013
Every once in awhile you want something sweet that isn’t chocolate 😉
This Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf is just the thing!! Soooo Delicious!
For the Loaf:
1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose Flour, divided
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher Salt
1 cup plain whole-milk Yogurt
1 cup Sugar
3 large Eggs
2 teaspoons grated Lemon Zest (approximately 2 lemons)
1/2 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 cups Blueberries, fresh or frozen, thawed and rinsed
For the Lemon Syrup:
1/3 cup freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
1/3 cup Sugar
- For the Lemon Glaze:
1 cups Confectioners’ Sugar, sifted
2 to 3 tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of one 9 x 5-inch loaf pans; dust with Flour.
- In a medium bowl, sift together Flour, Baking Powder and Salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Yogurt, Sugar, Eggs, Lemon Zest, Vanilla and Oil.
- Slowly whisk the Dry ingredients into the Wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Blueberries with the remaining tablespoon of Flour, and fold them very gently into the Batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing loaf to a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.
- While the loaf is cooling, make the Lemon Syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir together the Lemon Juice and Sugar until the Sugar is completely dissolved.
- Once dissolved, continue to cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Use a toothpick to poke holes in the tops and sides of the Warm Loaf. Brush the top and sides of the loaf with the lemon syrup.
- Let the syrup soak into the cake and brush again. Let the cake cool completely.
- To make the lemon glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together the Confectioners’ Sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of the Lemon Juice.
- The mixture should be thick but pourable. Add up to another tablespoon of lemon juice if the mixture is too stiff.
- Pour the lemon glaze over the top of each loaf and let it drip down the sides.
- Let the lemon glaze harden, about 15 minutes, before serving.
Enjoy this yummy recipe from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen!