Ahhhh..nothing like warm…gooey Chocolate 🙂
Lava Cakes are one of my favorite desserts. They can be “dressed up” with fresh whipped cream…fresh fruit or even ice cream.
Or…you can enjoy them just as they are with a sprinkling of powdered sugar 😉
They look difficult to make…but you’ll be surprised how easy this recipe is!!
This recipe makes 8 😀
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter…about 2 more tbsp. for Ramekins.
- 4 tsp. Sugar…granulated not powdered
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- Cayenne Pepper..just a pinch
- Nutmeg…just a pinch
- 1 cup Flour
- 6 Large Eggs
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. Almond Extract
- 12 oz.. Semi Sweet Chocolate…chopped
- 2 1/2 cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- Confectioner’s Sugar for dusting…optional
- Preheat your oven to 400 Degrees
- “Butter” 8 Ramekins and sprinkle each with 1/2 tsp. of granulated Sugar.
- In a sauce pan over low heat..combine Butter, Cinnamon, Cayenne, Nutmeg and Chocolate. Stir frequently until smooth.
- Allow Chocolate mixture to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl…whisk Flour, Confectioner’s Sugar, Eggs, Egg Yolks, Vanilla & Almond together until creamy.
- Whisk in the cooled Chocolate mixture. Make sure they are well combined.
- Pour mixture evenly into the 8 buttered/sugared Ramekins.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes until tops are stiff and the edges begin to darken.
- Cool on wire rack for about 5 minutes.
- Run a small knife along the edge of each Ramekin to loosen the cake and place on plate while warm.
- Dust with Sugar or top with whipped cream…
- Serve & Enjoy!!! 🙂
Recipe courtesy of Food Network…