Guys coming over to watch Football? This delicious sandwich is a winner!
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 pound ground Beef
- 8 ounces ground Pork
- 8 ounces ground Veal
- 2 cloves Garlic.. minced
- 1 medium Onion.. diced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup dry White Wine
- One 28-ounce can diced Tomatoes, with juice
- 1/2 cup whole Milk
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 8 slices aged Provolone Cheese
- 8 hinged hoagie/sub Rolls
- Oil-packed hot Giardiniera
- Heat the Olive Oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add in the Beef, Pork & Veal… brown until no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the Meat and store in a bowl, leaving the juices and fat in the Dutch oven
- Sweat the Garlic, Onions and Italian Seasoning in the Dutch oven, stirring frequently to insure they do not burn.
- Once the Onions are translucent, add the meat back to the pan and then add the wine to deglaze.
- Add in the Tomatoes and Milk and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently until the sauce thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Place a piece of cheese in each Roll.
- Place some Meat on top and the some Giardiniera on the top of it all.
Recipe courtesy of Jeff Mauro & The Food Network 😉