Herbed Lentils with Spinach and Tomatoes
Wednesday , 1, January 2014
Lentils add lots of Flavor and Protein to all kinds of dishes… from soups to salads to easy sides. 🙂
These herbed Lentils are a perfect side dish!
- 1 cup French Lentils
- 2 cups Water or Stock
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Shallots…diced
- 3 cups Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes…halved
- 1/4 cup fresh Basil…chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf Parsley…chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh Mint leaves…chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground Black Pepper
- Place Lentils in a pot of Water or Stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover.. Simmer 30-35 minutes… until Lentils are tender but not mushy.
- Drain excess water from Lentils and set aside.
- Heat Olive Oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Add Shallots.. cook until soft… about 3 minutes.
- Add Spinach.. cook until just wilted.. about 2 minutes.
- Add Tomatoes.. Lentils.. Basil..Parsley.. Mint to pan and stir. Cook until warmed through.. about 1 minute.
- Stir in Lemon Juice.. Salt and Pepper and serve warm. 🙂
Recipe courtesy of Food Network