Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Sunday , 10, November 2013
Hasselback Potatoes of any variety are becoming the favored cooking method for Fall.
Various recipes are popping up everywhere…. toppings for these beauties are bountiful and all are delicious!!
Here’s a basic Sweet Potato recipe…
4 medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted Butter..melted
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh Thyme leaves…finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic… Finely grated or minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper..
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with Foil.
- Make a series of 1/8-inch slices along each Potato…slicing 2/3 of the way through.
- Stir together Butter, Oil, Thyme, Garlic, 1/4 tsp. @ Salt and Pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub the Potatoes all over with the mixture… getting in between the slices.
- Place Potatoes on foil lined baking sheet.
- Roast until the center of the Potatoes are tender.. the outside is Crisp…50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Halfway through remove the potatoes from the oven and run a fork gently across the tops of the Potatoes to fan the slices and separate them.
- Serve as a side dish..or add a dipping sauce & Enjoy!!! 🙂
Recipe courtesy of The Food Network.