German Chocolate Pecan Bars
Wednesday , 11, December 2013
I love making bar desserts. So easy to make..serve…and eat!! 🙂
Give this German Chocolate Cake with a gooey Coconut Pecan topping a taste!
- 1 1/2 cups. semi sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup light Karo Syrup
- 1/4 cup Butter..melted
- 3 Eggs…slightly beaten
- 1 cup flaked Coconut
- 2-3 cups Pecans…chopped
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line bottom & side of 9 x 13 pan with heavy Foil..extending foil over sides. Spray with Cooking Spray.
- Pour cake mix into large bowl… cut in Butter and lightly beaten Egg with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Press onto bottom pan.
- Sprinkle Chocolate Chips over Crust.
- In medium bowl..combine Brown Sugar..Karo Syrup..melted Butter and Eggs. Whisk until well mixed and smooth.
- Stir in Coconut and Pecan pieces…spoon over Crust.
- Bake 30 – 35 minutes until golden and center is set.
- Cool completely about 1 hour.
- Use Foil to lift out of pan. Cut on cutting board and put on serving tray.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker