Gemelli with Broccoli Rabe
Saturday , 2, November 2013
Sunday = Pasta 🙂
- 1 pound Gemelli
- 1 (1-pound) bunch Broccoli Rabe coarse stems discarded cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup Panko
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 (2-ounce) can flat anchovy fillets, drained (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes, or to taste
- Parmesan Cheese
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook Pasta…6 minutes then stir in Broccoli Rabe and boil until Pasta is Al Dente.. about 5 minutes.
- Toss Panko with 1 tablespoon Oil in a shallow baking pan until coated.
- Bake.. stirring once or twice, until golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Season crumbs with salt.
- Cook Garlic, Anchovies, and Red-Pepper Flakes in remaining 7 tablespoons Oil over medium heat.
- Stir and mash Anchovies into Oil with a wooden spoon until Garlic is golden about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drain Pasta and Broccoli Rabe.. add to anchovy mixture tossing to combine.
- Serve Pasta sprinkled with some Toasted Panko & Parmesan Cheese
- Enjoy!! 🙂
We sauté the Broccoli Rabe in Olive Oil / Garlic rather than boil it to keep it a little crisp 😉
Recipe adapted from Epicurious