Gemelli with Broccoli Rabe, Bacon, and Chickpeas
Monday , 3, February 2014
Dinner Ideas, Pasta
Not exactly a meatless dish because of the Bacon…you can always leave it out 😉
I prefer to sauté the Broccoli Rabe so it stays crisp….you can boil it if your prefer 🙂
- Heat Olive Oil in a large skillet
- Add Broccoli Rabe to skillet…sauté until tender crisp…remove from skillet and set aside.
- Prepare Gemeli…drain..reserving 3/4 cup Pasta water..set cooked Gemeli to the side.
- Add Bacon to skillet Broccoli Rabe was in…cook until crisp…remove from pan..reserve 1 tbsp. of Bacon drippings
- Crumble Bacon and set to the side.
- Add Garlic..Chickpeas to bacon drippings in skillet
- Sauté about 2-3 minutes..until Garlic is golden and Chickpeas are heated thru
- Add Broccoli Rabe back into skillet..Salt & Pepper.. Red Pepper Flakes..stir until heated..a minute or 2
- Stir Gemeli into skillet..Pasta Water & Bacon
- Toss to combine…Serve & Enjoy
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light