Frothy Hot Chocolate
Monday , 2, December 2013
This yummy Hot Chocolate is for Grown Ups Only!! 🙂
Kahlua or a splash of Brandy will warm you right up!!
- 4 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Coffee Liqueur… Kahlua or Tia Maria (optional)
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- Whipped Cream
- To vary this recipe.. substitute 1 tbsp. Brandy for Coffee Liqueur and omit the Cinnamon.
Whisk together 1/2 cup Milk, Sugar, Coffee Liqueur or Brandy, Cocoa, Vanilla and Cinnamon in a small bowl until a smooth paste forms.
- Heat remaining 4 cups Milk in a medium saucepan until steaming.
- Remove from heat and whisk vigorously.
- Whisk Cocoa mixture into Milk until frothy.
- Pour into mugs…top with Whipped Cream.
Recipe courtesy of Eating Well