Flatbread With Bacon and Scallion Pesto
Tuesday , 31, December 2013
Flatbreads are a great appetizer idea!
- 4 thick strips Bacon… thinly sliced
- 1 large white Onion… thinly sliced
- 6 Scallions… thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. Capers
- 1/2 cup fresh Parsley
- Grated Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Crème Fraiche or Sour Cream
- Pinch of Sugar
- Kosher Salt and ground White Pepper
- 1 lb. frozen Pizza Dough… thawed
- Flour… for dusting
- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- Cook Bacon until browned and crispy…place on paper towels to remove grease.
- Add Onion to pan containing Bacon dripping… sprinkle with Sugar…Salt and Pepper.
- Cook until Onions are light brown and tender…about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add to Food Processor… Scallions.. Capers and Parsley..Salt and Pepper to taste and half of Lemon Zest.
- Pulse to chop ingredients and blend.
- Add Olive Oil through the top in a steady stream while processor is running on low.
- Set Pesto aside until ready to use.
- Whisk Crème Fraiche and remaining Lemon Zest in a small bowl until smooth…Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Roll Pizza Dough into an 8-by-14-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Transfer Dough to a parchment lined baking sheet….cook 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Spread Crème Fraiche mixture on Crust..add Onions and Bacon.
- Cut into slices and drizzle with Scallion Pesto.
- Enjoy!!! 🙂
Amazing recipe courtesy of Alex Guarnaschelli and Food Network