Figs with Ricotta, Pistachios, and Honey
Tuesday , 10, December 2013
Figs are everywhere now…
Give this tasty appetizer a try 😉
Sweet Figs are split… filled with creamy ricotta cheese…. drizzled with golden honey…delicious!!
- 8 dried Figs…cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup unsalted shelled Pistachios
- 1/4 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tbsp.Honey
- Salt to taste
- Toast Pistachios in a small dry skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant.. 3 to 5 minutes.. stirring frequently.
- Set aside to cool… Chop coarsely when cool.
- Place Fig halves on a serving dish… cut side up.
- Make a small indentation into the center of each fig half with a small spoon or knife…like a pocket 😉
- Put 1/2 tsp. Ricotta on each Fig… sprinkle with Pistachios.
- Drizzle with Honey.. sprinkle with Salt.. and Enjoy!!!
Recipe courtesy of Fine Cooking.com