Dan Marino’s Pasta Bolognese
Saturday , 30, November 2013
Pasta Bolognese..Classic & Delicious!!
This recipe is made in your Crock Pot!! Perfect for a busy Sunday 🙂
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1½ lb. ground Beef
- 1½ lb. ground Pork
- 4 oz. Pancetta.. cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 yellow Onion..diced
- 2 Carrots.. peeled and diced
- 1 rib Celery.. diced
- 5 cloves Garlic.. minced
- ½ cup Tomato Paste
- ½ cup dry Red Wine
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 (28-oz) cans diced Tomatoes.. pureed and strained
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 rind Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 1 lb. Pasta… cooked al dente
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat.. warm 1 tbsp. Olive Oil… cook Beef and Pork until browned.
- Add Salt.. Pepper to taste. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Cook Pancetta for about 7 minutes…until done. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a large saucepan over medium.. heat 1 tbsp. Olive Oil..cook Onion, Carrots,Celery until soft.
- Add Garlic.. cook until fragrant. Add Tomato Paste..stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add Wine.. bring to a simmer.
- Add drained Meats, Pancetta, Milk, Tomatoes, Bay leaves, Cheese, Salt and Pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer.
- Remove contents of saucepan to a Slow Cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3½ hours.
- Discard Bay Leaves.. Cheese Rind. Toss pasta with sauce and Enjoy!!
Recipe courtesy of Dan Marino