Curried Potatoes and Chickpeas
Sunday , 9, February 2014
Potatoes…Chick Peas and a creamy Yogurt Cilantro Lime sauce…amazing!!
- 1 1/2 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes.. peeled… cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- Kosher Salt
- 3 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1- 15 oz. can Chickpeas… drained.. rinsed
- 2 cups Fried Onions (1- 2.8-ounce can)
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro…chopped… plus leaves for garnish
- 2 tbsp. fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper… thinly sliced into rings
- Put Potatoes.. 2 tsp. Salt and enough cold water to cover Potatoes in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.. then reduce to a simmer..cook until potatoes are almost tender.. 3-6 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup cooking water…drain Potatoes…set aside.
- Melt Butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add Potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden,
- Stir in Curry Powder & Cayenne… cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Add Chickpeas, 1 cup fried Onions.. 1/2 cup reserved cooking water.
- Cook, mashing Potatoes slightly with a spoon.. until heated through,
- Add more cooking water.. if you need it… Season with Salt.
- Mix Yogurt.. chopped Cilantro..Lime juice and 2 tbsp. Water in a small bowl.
- Top Potato / Chick Peas with yogurt sauce.. the remaining 1 cup fried Onions.. sliced Jalapeno and Cilantro leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network