Creamy Sausage and Tomato Pasta
Sunday , 15, September 2013
Sundays in the Fall & Winter mean a delicious Pasta dinner in our house 🙂
Looking for a new favorite? Give this dish a try..it’s easy & delicious.
- 4-5 Italian Sausages
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can Italian style Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup heavy Cream
- 5-6 big leaves of fresh Basil…chopped
- 1 box Penne Pasta
- Grated Parmesan for topping
- Cook Penne al dente
- Brown Sausage and cut into slices or remove casings and brown and like you would Ground Beef
- Add Onions and Garlic to Sausage and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the entire can of diced Tomatoes and Tomato Sauce …heat through.
- Pour in Cream…
- The longer you cook the sauce the thicker it will get so simmer it until it is the consistency you want.
- Add the fresh basil and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Mix Sausage Sauce with Penne in Serving Bowl…
- Top with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- A loaf of warm Crusty Bread…Delicious!! Enjoy!!
Thanks Christy for this wonderful recipe 🙂