Creamed Brussels Sprouts
Friday , 8, November 2013
We always Roast…Steam or Bake Brussels Sprouts…
Why not Creamed?! They are so Delicious and so easy to prepare! 😉
3 tbsp. Butter
2 small Shallots… finely chopped
4 cloves Garlic…finely chopped
2 pounds Brussels Sprouts… trimmed and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup Chicken or Vegetable Stock
1 cup Heavy Cream
¼ tsp. Sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat Butter in a 6 quart saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add shallot and garlic… stir occasionally…cook until soft about 4 minutes.
- Add Brussels Sprouts, Stock and season with Salt and Pepper
- Bring to a boil.. Cover and cook until wilted and soft..about 5 minutes.
- Uncover.. stir in Cream and Sugar… cook until liquid is reduced by half about 3 minutes more
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Saveur