Cranberry Carrot Muffins
Wednesday , 27, November 2013
Leftover roasted Carrots and chunky Cranberry relish are the perfect addition to these day after Thanksgiving Breakfast Treats 🙂
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter.. at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 large Eggs.. at room temperature
- 1 cup pureed cooked Carrots
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1/2 cup leftover Cranberry relish
- 2 tablespoons Coarse Sugar… for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 375degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl.. sift Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger together.
- Cream Butter on medium speed until lightened. On low.. slowly add Sugar. Increase speed to medium high.. beat until light and fluffy
- Add Eggs.. one at a time..add Carrot puree, Orange zest.. beat until well combined.
- With mixer on low.. slowly add dry ingredients.. mix until just combined.. do NOT overbeat.
- Gently fold Cranberry relish into Batter until evenly distributed.
- Evenly divide batter among the lined muffin cups and sprinkle a little Sugar over the top of each.
- Bake until light golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean… 25-30 minutes.
- Serve Warm…Yum 🙂
Recipe courtesy of Food Network