Coconut Quinoa Pudding
Thursday , 23, January 2014
Quinoa for dessert? Spectacular 🙂
Coconut…Orange…Vanilla & Cinnamon add amazing flavor to this twist on Rice Pudding.
For Quinoa & Coconut Topping:
To pull it together:
- 2 cups Coconut Milk ( total of 4 cups )
- 1/3 cup Semolina
- 1 tbsp. Cornstarch
- Salt…just a pinch
- 2/3 cups Sugar… divided
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup sweetened Coconut ( total of 1 1/2 cups )
- 1 tbsp. fresh Orange Zest
- Juice of one Orange
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Cooked Quinoa ( from above recipe )
- Coconut Cinnamon topping
- Heat oven to 350° F
- In a medium saucepan combine Quinoa and 2 cups Coconut Milk.
- Bring to a boil.. cover..reduce heat… simmer about 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.. set aside.
- Spread Coconut on a baking sheet and place in oven.
- Stir occasionally until Coconut starts to slightly brown about 5- 8 minutes
- Place Coconut in a small bowl.. stir in Cinnamon.. set bowl aside
- Whisk Semolina, Cornstarch, 1/3 cup Sugar and pinch of Salt in a small mixing bowl.. set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, slowly heat remaining 2 cups Coconut Milk to boiling….keep an eye on it 😉
- Beat Eggs with an electric mixer.. add remaining 1/3 cup Sugar.. continue beating until thick and a little fluffy
- Once Milk comes up to a boil.. whisk in Semolina mixture
- Stirring until mixture thickens and just starts to boil again. Remove from heat and let stand for about 2 minutes.
- Stir Egg mixture, cooked Quinoa, Orange Zest, Orange Juice, 1 cup Coconut, Vanilla and Raisins if you’re adding them.. into Semolina.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 11-inch baking pan.. Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve warm in dessert dishes topped with Cinnamon Coconut topping.
Delicious recipe courtesy of Food 52