Coconut Custard Pie
Wednesday , 20, November 2013
Cakes / Pies
Coconut Custard…another delicious traditional pie 🙂
This pie is super easy to make. 😉
- 1 cup flaked Coconut… divided into 1/2 cups.
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked Pie Crust
- 3 Eggs
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 1/4 cups Hot Water
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Toast 1/2 cup Coconut until lightly brown.. about 5 minutes..and set aside.
- Bake Pastry Shell 8 minutes… cool slightly.
- Beat Eggs in a medium bowl.
- Mix into beaten Eggs…Condensed Milk, Water, Vanilla, Salt and Nutmeg…Mix Well.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup of Coconut.
- Pour into pie shell. Sprinkle top with Toasted Coconut.
- Bake 10 minutes… REDUCE oven temperature to 350°F… bake 25 to 30 minutes longer.
- Knife inserted near center will come out clean when done….Cool. 😉
- Chill if desired…. Refrigerate leftovers.
This simple recipe courtesy of Eagle Brand.