Classic Sweet Potato Casserole
Monday , 25, November 2013
Here’s a twist on a classic…2 toppings instead of one 🙂
Looks amazing on the table too!
- 4 1/2 pounds Sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter.. softened
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 cups Cornflakes cereal… crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped Pecans
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Butter.. melted
- 1 1/2 cups mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bake Sweet Potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Let cool.. peel and mash.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Beat mashed Sweet Potatoes, Sugar, Butter, Milk, Eggs, Vanilla, Salt at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon Mixture into a greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- Combine Cornflakes, Pecans, Brown Sugar, Butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle over casserole in diagonal rows 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.. let stand 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle Marshmallows in alternate rows between Cornflake rows..bake 10 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Southern Living