Meatloaf is the perfect comfort food. We all grew up eating it 🙂
Add Bacon .. Ground Veal & Pork…and Viola…a new family favorite!!
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Heat Oil in a small sauté pan… add Onions… cook until soft… about 4 minutes
- Add Garlic..sauté another 1- 2 minutes…set aside to cool.
- Combine in a large mixing bowl… all the remaining ingredients except Bacon.
- Add cooled Onion Garlic mixture to Meat mixture.
- Mix with your hands just until ingredients are combined. Don’t overwork the meat or it will become dry.
- Slightly oil or spray with non stick spray a rimmed baking sheet..pour meat mixture onto pan..shape it into a large loaf.
- Wrap strips of Bacon around loaf…being sure to tuck the ends underneath the loaf. 😉
- Bake Meatloaf 50 – 60 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 160°F
- Let Meatloaf rest 10- 15 minutes before slicing 😉
Recipe courtesy of Fine Cooking