Chocolate Pumpkin Swirl Cake
Tuesday , 4, November 2014
Cakes / Pies
Fall flavors are in the air..Pumpkin…Spice…and of course everything is better with Chocolate 🙂
This swirl cake is scrumptious!!
The Orange Glaze will have you licking the bowl 😉
- 1 3/4 cups Flour
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted Butter…melted
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 cup Pumpkin…canned 🙂
- 3 oz Dark Chocolate…melted
- 2 tbsp. Cocoa Powder…unsweetened
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Orange Peel
- 2-3 tbsp. Milk or Orange Juice
- Preheat oven to 350
- Coat a 9 x 5 Loaf pan with cooking spray & line with Parchment Paper
- Whisk together Flour, Spice, Baking Powder, Salt & Baking Soda in a large bowl…put to the side
- Whisk Eggs & Sugar in a medium bowl. Add in Butter, Buttermilk & Vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Fold Pumpkin into Egg mixture.
- Add Wet ingredients into large bowl of Dry ingredients. Whisk until there are no lumps.
- Divide batter into 2 bowls.
- Add melted Chocolate & Cocoa Powder into 1 bowl of batter and stir to combine.
- Alternate adding batters to loaf pan to make “layers” Use a knife to “swirl” layers together. 🙂
- Bake 55 to 65 mins until toothpick comes out clean. Cake will rise and top will be “cracked” 😉
- Cool 20 mins in pan then remove to wire cooling rack
For Orange Glaze:
- Combine Powdered Sugar & Orange Peel
- Add Milk or Juice….mix until smooth
- Drizzle over cooled cake & Enjoy!!!!!
Recipe courtesy of Better Homes & Garden.